You may know that Windows 8 Pro does not include Windows Media Center by default like Windows 7 and Windows Vista, rather it is available as an upgrade.
We have seen something similar in Windows 8 release preview but all we needed to get Windows Media Center in Windows 8 release preview was using a key provided by Microsoft and that was it.
However this is not the case with Windows 8 Pro RTM and one need to buy his own key to activate Windows Media Center in Windows 8 Pro RTM. In this post we will cover guide on how to install Windows Media Center in Windows 8 Pro.
How to Install Windows Media Center in Windows 8 Pro
1) Open Windows 8 start screen and search for Add features to Windows 8 and open it.
2) From new window opened, select I want to buy product key online and proceed.
3) In next window choose Windows 8 Media Center Pack (costs $12.79)
4) Now you will be asked payment details. Fill the details to get the key.
5) That’s almost done. Just go through simple installations steps and you are done.
6) Once the installation process is completed, your PC will restart and then you are ready to use Windows Media Center in Windows 8.